Sunday 7 February 2016

Because Heart-Shaped Food Tastes Better

A few years ago, Mark and I hosted a Valentine's Day brunch for my brother and his girlfriend. Since that holiday of love is approaching once more I thought I'd share some of the themed food we made. 




Bacon Hearts
Preheat your oven to 400 F. Cut the bacon in half and fold into a heart shape. Bake on a cookie sheet with sides for 18-20 minutes or until done. 

Heart-Shaped Eggs in Toast
My hearts would have been better if I had a heart-shaped cookie cutter but alas my free-hand hearts didn't turn out that badly. 
We cut out a heart shape from the centre of the bread and toasted one side in a frying pan. We flipped the bread and cracked an egg into the centre of the toast and cooked until the bottom was toasted and the egg had set. 

Strawberries and Whipped Cream
Not pictured but especially delicious for me (not Mark as he is not a fruit fan) were the strawberries we dipped in whipped cream. 

I'm hoping to do a repeat of this meal on Valentine's Day this year. Now that K is two I think she'd really appreciate this and I know she'd love the strawberries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment