Tuesday 8 March 2016

Because We Need to Eat - Mar. 7-11

I've been eating a lot of chocolate recently. And cinnamon hearts. Those are yummy. I am finding it to be very luxurious to eat some chocolate or candy while lying on the couch when both babies are sleeping (or at least quietly playing in their rooms). Add a glass of red wine and it would be amazing but then it would have to be night time in order to be acceptable. Sigh. Sadly chocolate, cinnamon hearts, and red wine are not appropriate meals for my family so here is our meal plan for this week:



Tacos with Sweet Potato Fries - This week I made the tacos without the famous Taco Kit from the grocery store. I'm talking whole wheat tortillas, grated carrot mixed in with the ground beef and my own taco seasoning (1/2 tsp cumin, coriander, and chili). That justifies the store bought sweet potato fries, right? 



Veggie Pizza - Another fave cookbook is this Looneyspoons cookbook. As you know, I am a huge pizza girl and this one makes me feel healthy. It has pesto, zucchini, broccoli florets, red onion, feta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. I did realize that I didn't put a pizza crust on the shopping list so I may attempt to make my own pizza dough tomorrow. And maybe I forgot the pesto, too...

Hasselback Chicken with Potato Au Gratin - Check out this Tasty video for the recipe. The potatoes are compliments of my mother and is one of our last freezer meals.

 

Spaghetti - Because it is Friday and we may eat out anyway. 

Baked Potatoes with Broccoli Cheese Sauce - Mark bought a giant bag of potatoes so I thought I'd try to use some up with lunch this week. Since the potatoes need 45 min to cook in the oven we'd have to have this on a day when we are home in the morning. It may not happen.

Peanut Butter Banana Wrap - Yes. This is a wrap with a whole banana in it. I feel like K will like it but who can say?

Chicken Apple Balls - This is from my Annabel Karmel cookbook. Chicken meatballs with onion and apples. Yum!

Breakfast Granola Cups - These look so good and are hopefully easy to make!



Mini Carrot Muffins - Nothing beats a mini muffin! Especially one with vegetables in it. 

Now that I am looking at this meal plan I feel I may have been a bit ambitious. It's okay. There's always peanut butter and toast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment