Tuesday 29 March 2016

Because We Need to Eat - March 28 - April 1

Easter was busy and I'm not sure that I did the greatest job of slowing down and reflecting on the cross. Thankfully, we have grace and I'd be oh so lost without it. I will have a post up soon about the Easter traditions we've started with K and some other exciting things that are on my mind.

This was another weekend where we didn't make it out to grocery shop or really meal plan so it's a mish-mash of easy meals and stuff we had in the freezer. The good part - our grocery bill was only $60.



Alpine Chicken with Broccoli & Potato Wedges - So this "from the box" chicken isn't actually called that (chicken stuffed with ham and cheese) but it was when I was kid so it will remain so now. The broccoli was steamed and the potato wedges were from a bag. Still delicious, though!

Spaghetti - It may appear as though we eat spaghetti every week. We don't! We actually haven't eaten it any of the days it has been on the plan. Tonight's spaghetti is extra special, though. Mark got a free sample of organic, free-range ground beef from a farm that was going door-to-door. My husband is not one to turn down free meat, apparently! I'm not sure that slathering it in pasta sauce is the best way to appreciate it but I'll probably add some onions, carrots, and celery to the meat, too.

Slow Cooker Taco Chili - A few weeks ago I made slow cooker chili and we had leftovers so we're eating those up with some tortilla chips on the side.

Broccoli Quiche - K's fave and super yummy.

English Muffin Pizzas - Tasty! I served these with apple slices. K has just recently started being interested in apples. I did peel hers and sliced them pretty thin. I put C down for a nap and came back downstairs and she'd polished off her whole meal. I think she was making up for being a toddler and not eating much on the weekend.

Crackers & Cheese with Frozen Veggies - Uninspired. That's all I will say.

Peanut Butter Toast with Squash - Take note of the vegetable and my $60 grocery bill.

Clementines & Bunny Crackers - The Easter bunny brought K some of those Annie's cheddar bunny crackers and the honey cookies. They will be making appearances at snack time this week.

Smoothie  - Again this week because I need to use up the plain yogurt and eat more fruit myself.



Carrot & Pineapple Muffins - I really like these and I only used half a can of the crushed pineapple so I am making more this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment