Pasta Bake with Caesar Salad - this is a recipe that I put together from two other recipes. K is being a bit funny with vegetables these days so next time I would probably mince instead of chop up the carrots, however she ate the leftovers today without picking out the carrots. Toddlers...so confusing!
- Package of ground turkey
- 1 small cooking onion, chopped or minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped or minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped or minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups of dried macaroni
- 1 650 ml jar of pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside
- In a large saucepan or frying pan cook meat over medium-high heat, for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain the fat
- Add celery, carrots, onion, and garlic and simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes
- Combine pasta sauce and 1 cup of cheese in a large bowl. Add cooked pasta and meat mxture. Stir to combine
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish and bake, covered, for 35-40 minutes
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted
Creamy Chicken Casserole - This was a freezer meal that we haven't tried yet but it is pretty basic and easy.
Slow Cooker Pizza Bake - Looking forward to this one because of the pepperoni, I'm not going to lie.
Spinach Omelette with Peas & Carrots - K loves omelettes but doesn't like when they are too hot (temperature-wise) but has trouble being patient and waiting for it to cool down. I use an omelette pan which makes this super easy. I put in one egg, some defrosted frozen spinach, cottage cheese (sometimes other cheese), and a sprinkle of garlic powder. We had some parmesan cheese leftover from C's baptism so I put that on top once the omelette was cooked.
Cheese & Crackers with Frozen Broccoli - I know. It seems weird but it is easy. I sometimes put cream cheese on the crackers instead of cheddar cheese. The broccoli is for a token vegetable.
Mini Pancake Muffins - I used a boxed pancake mix but if you want a from-scratch recipe click here. All I did, after mixing the pancake batter, was add an egg. K helped and put a frozen berry (cherries, blackberries, blueberries) in each muffin. I baked them in a mini muffin pan at 350 F for 13-15 minutes. Super easy and K scarfed down 6 of them.
Berry Banana Smoothie with Pretzels - I really want to try to add greens to my smoothies but haven't worked up the courage yet. Soon...possibly! Here's my recipe:
- 1 cup of yogurt (I used plain Greek yogurt this time)
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of milk